1 a painful muscle spasm especially in the neck or back (`rick' and `wrick' are British) [syn: crick, wrick]
1 pile in ricks; "rick hay"
2 twist suddenly so as to sprain; "wrench one's ankle"; "The wrestler twisted his shoulder"; "the hikers sprained their ankles when they fell"; "I turned my ankle and couldn't walk for several days" [syn: twist, sprain, wrench, turn, wrick]
- A given name, a diminutive of Richard.
Rick may refer to:
- A shortened version of a given name such as "Richard," "Eric," "Frederick," "Derrick," "Garrick", "Ulrich" or "Patrick". It may also be formal or full name on its own.
- A stack of hay, straw, or firewood, cross-stacked to allow air to circulate. This permits rapid drying, or in the case of wood, rapid burning. A rick of wood is sometimes heated in an oxygen-free environment to produce charcoal.
- A frame of horizontal bars and vertical supports, as used to hold barrels in a distillery, boxes in a warehouse, etc.
- Another name for a face cord.
- Rick (film).
- "Rick", a slang term commonly used to refer to Rickenbacker basses and guitars.
Rick in German: Rick (Begriffsklärung)
Rick in Japanese: リック
Rick in Portuguese: Rick
abundance, accumulation, amassment, anthill, archives, armory, arsenal, attic, backlog, bank, bank up, basement, bay, bin, bonded warehouse, bookcase, box, budget, bunker, buttery, cargo dock, cellar, chest, closet, cock, collection, commissariat, commissary, conservatory, cornucopia, crate, crib, cumulation, cupboard, depository, depot, dock, drawer, drift, dump, dune, embankment, exchequer, glory hole, godown, haycock, haymow, hayrick, haystack, heap, heap up, hill, hoard, hold, hutch, inventory, larder, library, locker, lumber room, lumberyard, magasin, magazine, mass, material, materials, materiel, molehill, mound, mow, munitions, pile, pile up, plenitude, plenty, provisionment, provisions, pyramid, rack, rations, repertoire, repertory, repository, reservoir, ruck, shelf, shock, snowdrift, stack, stack room, stack up, stock, stock room, stock-in-trade, stockpile, storage, store, storehouse, storeroom, stores, supplies, supply base, supply depot, supply on hand, tank, treasure, treasure house, treasure room, treasury, turn, twist, unsteady, vat, vault, warehouse, wine cellar, wrench